Shabby Miss Jenn

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Look! I DO Exist!

As the mommy with the camera I am rarely ever in a picture.  OK, I will correct that statement.  I am rarely in a picture unless I am around my dad.  That's him up there in the picture.  Growing up, this is how my dad looked during any special events.  He always had at least one camera in hand, sometimes even two cameras AND a camcorder.  ( I think I inherited my love of techno-gadgets from him!)  Anyway, being the photographer of the family has a few drawbacks- mainly, that I am almost never in a picture.

Over Thanksgiving my parents and my sisters and my whole crew met up down at the beach.  Sarah, my younger sister, was nice enough to snap a few pictures of me with my little Louisa.  I don't have many pictures of the two of us.  I am glad I now have a few pictures of us so that Louisa will be able to see that her mommy was just crazy about her from the beginning.

Finally, being the smart kid that I am, I am going to follow my Dad's example.  He fed my love of photography as a kid.  He got me a cool little C-110 camera when I was little and then upgraded me to my first SLR, my good old Canon A-1.  Nowadays, my Dad is actually IN pictures, at least when I am around.  I think I need to go find Benjamin now so that I can give him some lessons on my little digital camera.  Maybe, in about 30 years or so, I will be in some more pictures.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So, I now feel better about my (lack off) photography skills. It is in your blood.

Love the mommy and daughter photo.