Shabby Miss Jenn

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Just a Few Pictures

The kiddos are with their MiMi and PawPaw tonight.  What have I been doing?  Well, I have been a complete geek sitting in front of my computer and practicing my picture processing.  Sad, huh?  (Ed and I did go to dinner by ourselves though!)  I am starting a small photography business and I can't stand the thought of not being able to deliver to my soon to be clients.  I am a "go by the book" kind of person and I want to know the correct way of doing everything.  I have taken photography classes and processing classes and I can actually see a light at the end of the tunnel.  I have been able to "connect the dots" and I am beginning to gain confidence in my abilities.  Here are a few of my practice pictures from tonight.  A few are posting slightly different for some reason.  Not sure why.  I will have to figure that one out later.  The colors seem to be a bit more dull on Liza's picture.  Strange...

I just love this shot of my nephew, Noah.  I love the dog in the background of the super bright window and I love how he really stands out in comparison to the "blown" window.  While I do like it there are some things I would do different if I got to shoot it over again ( this is me reflecting on my work- something my National Board Certification for teaching drilled into my head!).  For starters I would have made sure to get his feet and his hands in the picture.  It really bothers me that I didn't, but hey- I won't make that mistake again!


You may have heard of Judy Moody.  She is a funny little character in a series of children's books.  Here is Liza Moody.  Look at that pout.  This is the picture that looks different uploaded to blogger than it does on my computer.  She looks a bit more washed out for some reason.  Not sure why though.  Note to self: figure that out!


This is a picture of my nieces, Molly and Chelsea.  They were going to a Daddy/Daughter dance.  Didn't they look pretty?  My sister and I were two crazy Mamarazzis running around getting their pictures and talking about where the good light was.  Yes, she obviously is a geeky as me!


Well, that is all for now.  Don't worry, there are sure to be lots more where these came from!

3 comments:

Ally said...

Love the pictures! My fav is the last one of the two girls! Just beautiful lighting.

Unknown said...

LOve these shots. Glad you are startoing a business! So, what are your travel to ATL fees?

sarah said...

Jennie- I LOVE these!! Wow- the light in that last one of the girls is so great. I have my 1st homework assignment now so I will call you tomorrow for help with shutter speeds...I am so excited to learn something new, although the lingo is still foreign feeling!