Shabby Miss Jenn

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Wow-Za!

I can't stand to post without pictures. And, I have been so busy doing pictures for other people and trying to keep up with my kiddos that I have not been taking many pictures for me. However, yesterday I received a nice little package in the mail. In the package was my "new to me" lens that I have been wanting for a while. I found one for sale on one of my photography forums and had a little money from my business to reinvest so I bought it.

And oh my goodness! I LOVE it! I don't think I will take this lens off for a while. Well, I take that back. I told Ed that we could wrap it up for me for my Christmas present. Sad, I know but hey Christmas is really about the kids.

So, here are few test shots with my new baby:

Check out Liza's dismount from the rings. Lovely, huh?




And look how sharp she is here!


And, not only does this little baby take nice pics outside, it does well inside too. I surprised Louisa. Look at her cute little mouth.


Liza was not so surprised. She knows mommy can be crazy with a camera sometimes. I love how she cut her eyes at me.


And here I cracked the little lady up. I guess mommy taking pictures of you trying to take a bath can be pretty funny.


So, there you have it. A few shots with my new lens. Wow-za it is sharp! I just can't even stand it. Yes, I am a geek. I love a new toy that works well. Perhaps after I unwrap it at Christmas you will see some more pictures!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Love the pix! And hey, some of the best Christmas presents are the ones you already know about and/or hand picked. :)

So now I need to know, what lens did you get?!

Jenn said...

Hey Lisa! I got the 85mm that I have been wanting forever. Love it!

Unknown said...

Awesome pics. Love the bathtub shots.

Still wish you were around to do a photography class!

laurie said...

Great pictures. Do you have the 50mm also? I bought the Nikon 50mm 1.8 a while ago and am pretty happy with it but I wish I could get a little closer sometimes. I have read good things about the 85mm and wonder which one is better. Is yours a 1.8 or 1.4?

laurie said...

One more thing...what photography site do you go on that people offer lenses? I would like to check that out.