Shabby Miss Jenn

Friday, August 29, 2008

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year- or Not



Have you all seen that Staple's commercial with "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" playing in the background as a mom drags her kids through Staples getting their school supplies?  I always chuckle over that commercial and the vastly different emotions that back-to- school time carries for kids vs their parents. 

Here is what we have had to get back in the swing of this week:

getting up early
packing lunches
catching the school bus
doing homework
fixing/eating dinner early
early bedtimes

While I do like getting back into a more set routine I miss having all my "babies" at home with me.  Benjamin started back to school on Monday and the house has been a little too quiet.  Next week will get even quieter as Harrison and Liza head back to preschool.  Imagine, a few days a week with no kids in the house!  Not to worry though, Baby Reno will make an appearance at the end of September and then I will be trying to remember what is was like to do anything alone.

Whether or not you view this time of the year  as the most wonderful time or not it is certainly a time of changes.  As we get ready to head into fall I hope you are able to live into and enjoy the changes that are occurring in your life.







No comments: